Time is tickin' . . .

Capt Blair Wiggins with Key West Kingfish

Ahhh, the magic of television!!  Not only does it make me look good, but you just might think it's been an entire week since the last time you saw me catch fish.  Really, this episode was shot only an hour after you saw me reel in that black fin tuna on the fly rod, but in TV time it looks like it's a week later.  Here's what happened . . . we caught a bunch of bonita and black fin tuna and then decided to keep moving on toward the Dry Tortugas.  We got to a special spot that Capt. Chris Trosset knows well and dropped some lines.  He wasn't done wearing my arms out and catching Mogans.  I hooked into 2 kingfish, and caught the biggest Mutton Snapper I've ever caught and another personal best with a killer mangrove snapper.  Wait until y'all see my reel change colors from a smoker kingfish using FINS Metered Colored braid for the 1st time - it was awesome!  I had a blast!  Check out this week’s episode “One Hour Later” – Friday at 10:30 a.m. ET on Fox Sun Sports (replays Sunday 9:30 p.m. ET / Tuesday 6:00 a.m. ET).

Hey Y'all - Producerman just told me about a new channel you can watch the show on if you don't have cable.  Check out our new ROKU channel with episodes and extra features uploaded each week.

I've been telling you for the past couple of weeks that we're heading up to Pensacola, Dick's Sporting Goods is opening a brand new store for you Panhandle Mogan Maniacs, and we'll be there on Saturday, June 22nd from 11:00 a.m. - 4 p.m. to celebrate the new store and to see all y'all!!  Dick's is running a Grand Opening special sale specifically for the Pensacola store that weekend - buy a Flats Blue rod and get a Wright & McGill Sabalos reel FREE.  Can't beat that!  There are a lot more specials and sales to check out so come out to see us, pick up some new tackle and share your fish stories. 

There's been some really good photos entered in our "Show Your Mogan" contest lately and another lucky winner will be chosen next week.  Here’s how you enter:    Facebookers must submit their photo within the “Show Your Mogan” photo contest Event Page.  Instagramers must upload photos with hashtag #showyourmogan to enter.


Thank you to all you Dads out there . . . thanks for passing down all those traditions, fishing tips and life lessons.  Definitely want to take a minute to thank my Dad for taking me fishing all those years ago.  One of the earliest memories I have with him is catching bluegill and crappie on the St. John's River, and another time in Lake Harney fishing off an old houseboat he called the "Sugar Shack."  He's truly the one who got me "hooked" before I can remember.  I did the same thing with my son Drayden.  I can remember him out on the boat when he was still in diapers and those days have flown by so fast.  Make sure you tell your Dad "thanks" this weekend.  Take him fishing!!

Until next week . . . tight lines,
Blair Wiggins

Comments